If you are having difficulties finding, training, and retaining maintenance talent, you are not alone. Manufacturers are faced with regular shortages of skilled technical personnel. It is a situation that has many companies turning to partners for technical talent. However, some are still hesitant due to economic misperceptions.It can be assumed that partner-provided maintenance costs are higher than in-house maintenance costs. However, when you look at what makes up the total cost of an employee, you will realize that partnering with a maintenance service provider is very comparable to hiring direct or using a staffing agency, but with the added benefits of a proven technical skill set.
By partnering with an outsourced maintenance provider, the value you will receive goes beyond cost savings:
- Alleviates the need for hiring, on-boarding, performance reviews, and developmental costs
- Minimizes conversion fees and turnover costs
- Reduces safety incidents and costs
- Provides greater reliability, productivity, and profitability
The value of using an experienced outsourced maintenance provider in place of direct hires or a broad-spectrum staffing company is compounded by alleviating persistent challenges. When partnering with these companies, you can expect:
- Resolved workforce shortages and skills gaps with a ready pool of skilled technical talent including senior-level technicians
- High fill rates, low lead times and coverage of all hiring and relocation costs
- Full transparency of individual technician performance, skill levels and developmental progress
- Dedicated supervision to ensure safety of both outsourced and internal personnel
As a leader in reliability-centered industrial maintenance and MRO services, maintenance experts at Advanced Technology Services can help you realize the above benefits and more. Having ATS as your long-term partner ensures you will have ready access to a wide network of maintenance experts who are trained on the latest technologies, strategies, standards, certifications and regulatory requirements, with an embedded zero-incident safety culture. To learn more about how we can help resolve your skilled workforce challenges, contact us today.